Monday, September 8, 2008

Lovely Birthday @ 972!




On the 3rd September, i was thinking.. "I've to work on my birthday!" but i guess I'm pretty used to that... So i went to office like any other normal day, not particularly happy, nor expecting anything or anticipating any sort of birthday greeting/celebrations!

The show went on pretty fine in Ready Go and at about 6.18pm when i was preparing for the evening news, i suddenly heard my co-host Lilian say "Time for Traffic News Update!". I looked up and the microphone went on, for us to go on air. All of a sudden, the lights go off and Miss Lilian started singing a birthday song!

Then on, i see my colleagues and boss walking into the studio with a cake filled with lighted candles.. *awww*. Finished singing the birthday song, blew out the candles and managed to thank them on air too. I must say, i did not suspect anything at all when i stepped into office today. Great job Lilian and Co. ! :) 感动。

Feel blessed and very happy to have lovely colleagues celebrating my 26th in this manner. Great surprise and gesture! (though they say I only get this in my first year of 972 :P) though simple, it'll definitely be a memorable experience that i will remember. 有心就够了!

Feel grateful that my colleagues and especially my co-host partner Lilian for helping me settle in 972 quickly for in this 2 months. :) looking forward to many months to come!

The show went on with many birthday wishes coming in during the Jukebox program and other belated wishes during the next following days of Jukebox.. *awwww*. Once again, very very touched and motivated by these little sincere gestures from listeners/supporters and friends. These SMSs, Calls, Blog wishes meant a great deal to me. :) 非常感激。

THANK YOU ALL for this Splendid 26th Birthday! :)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

意外的惊喜往往是最令人感动的。 :)

constance said...

im glad u find friendship among your colleagues. i believe the relationship among u all will grow better.
lately im not too good due to side effect of some drugs im taking, so im less active in responding to talks and games by u and Lilian. kindly excuse me.
i listen to your grogramme most of the time on bed. haha. lazy bump me.

Anonymous said...

很为你开心972这么有心为你庆祝生日。你要好好感谢你的同事和公司。很喜欢你和lilian的搭配,希望你在972有更好的发展!
加油!

Josephine (X... G. )

constance said...

trust me. im a bad investment for any1. im dependent on tranquilizers for my nitely sleep. if i still cant sleep after the tranquilizers, i have to down a big bowl of oat to knock myself out. dont think im kidding. dead serious.

constance said...

i believe in angels partly becos im a christian, partly becos i have experienced being protected by angels come in the form of human beings. i have gone thru some very dangerous situations bt i have come thru safe and sound becos there were ppl ard to safeguard me. i call these ppl God's angels. you shall have angels all around you day n nite.

constance said...

is there no such thing as friendship between man and woman? love tt is built from friendship will stand a better chance to survive i think. however this kind of things also create problems for those ppl working in the same place day after day. i believe feelings will grow fonder. haha either way is troublesome. sigh!

constance said...

today i listened in to the open-top bus ride u and Lilian, Jian Rong and Yong Mei hosted. u all seemed to have enjoyed the ride with the 972 supporters.
Jian Rong made a mistake when giving quiz. i hope the station manager will forgive him. i hope Jian Rong will forgive himself also. maybe his mistake makes the ride more memorable to all.

constance said...

Jeff, do u do overtime? the songs after 10pm like selected by u. Excellent!

constance said...

i truly enjoy the beautifully selected songs.